Sunday, March 6, 2016

Blue Jays, Dallas Texas

A few Blue Jays have been sitting in the trees in and around my yard, I could never get them to get close or away from the branches to take a picture. SO I decided to bait them into my fence and yard. 

I put some seed and peanuts down for them to come into my yard and within a day it worked. Took these this morning. I love to see these birds but they are very aggressive and will drop out of the air and hit animals, including people, on their heads. One network news channel showed a Blue Jay that would attack all the people walking on a side walk in downtown heading to work.

Although they are aggressive I like this beautiful bird. I once saw a Blue Jay attack a cat I once had, it was a big cat, and about the third attack on this cat, the cat rolled over and caught the bird. End of bird. I thought that he must have been attacking my cat for a lot longer than I saw since my cat had worked out a plan. Very vocal loud birds, but very pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment